- 175g/6 oz butter, softened plus extra for greasing
- 175g/6 oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g/6 oz golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- icing sugar, sifted, for dusting
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- 300ml/10 fl oz double cream, whipped
- 16 fresh strawberries, halved
Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/Gas Mark 4.Grease and base-line two 20cm/8 inch sandwich tins.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the butter, sugar ang eggs.Mix together, then beat well untill smooth.Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared tins and smooth surfaces.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or untill well risen and golden brown.Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
Sandwich together with jam, cream and strawberry halved.
Dust with icing sugar and serve.